The Best Five Benefits of Active Seating Solutions
Active seating solution: you’ve probably heard us use the term, but what does it actually mean and why should you care? We’re here to answer all of your questions, so look no further! Check out active seating defined, the benefits that come with it and the types of active seating solutions we offer.
Active Seating Defined
Active seating basically means a chair or stool of some kind that helps you to integrate more movement than a traditional chair. Simple, right? By incorporating active seating into your workday, you can engage your body and combat some of the effects of a sedentary lifestyle even though you may still be seated for portions of the day.
Some seating solutions are even NEAT Certified, meaning that all of the small movements throughout the day they encourage add up to burn more calories than a standard chair would in the same amount of time. You can read full details on NEAT certification in one of our other blogs here.
Benefits of Active Seating
There are many benefits of active seating, but here are our top five choices:
1) Improves Posture
Posture is one of those things that everyone knows they should do better with but for some reason is tough to actually implement. With the right active seating solution that fits your ergonomic needs, you can improve your posture with ease. Many active chairs are built specifically to promote a straight spine and positive posture.
2) Builds Core Strength
Aiming for that six-pack for your summer bod? While active seating won’t get you there on its own, it does promote positioning that helps to engage the core and strengthen the surrounding muscles. This will help you to build core stability throughout the day, rather than be disengaged and sluggish.
3) Releases Back, Neck and Shoulder Tension
With improved posture and core strength, less tension in the back naturally follows. Everyone know that one of the worst parts about sitting for prolonged periods is the pain it can cause in your back and neck when your station isn’t a proper ergonomic setup. Many active seating solutions are specially designed to provide optimal ergonomics, thus lessening your risk of pain and reducing tension at pressure points.
4) Combines Style and Health
Did we mention that active seating solutions are stylish too? With so many different kinds to choose from that come in so many different colours and materials, active seating can fit with any décor. This means that you can choose the healthy option without sacrificing style!
5) Adds Extra Movement to Your Day
Last but not least, active seating makes your day more active (obviously!). Active seating solutions are designed to promote small movements throughout your day, which, when added up, make a big difference overall. This incorporates greater health and wellness in the office, which in turn increases job satisfaction and productivity.
Types of Active Seating Solutions
At Fitneff, we offer a wide variety of active seating solutions to choose from. Some of these options include:
- Ball Chairs: These chairs incorporate all of the benefits of sitting on an exercise ball without having to worry about it rolling away. Options in this category include the Zenergy Ball Chair, the Zenergy Swivel and the Runtz Ball Chair.
- Rocking and Kneeling Chairs: These chairs have rounded bases that allow smooth rocking motion throughout the day. Some of them also feature shin pads so that you can assume a kneeling position, which is great for relieving spinal tension. Options in this category include the Variable balans, the Thatsit balans and the Gravity balans.
- Leaning Stools: These active seating solutions lend themselves well to standing desk setups, so you can still be in an upright position while relieving tension from the feet. Options in this category include the Focal Mogo Seat, the Focal Mobis Seat and the Focal Locus Seat.
- Other: A few other options well worth mentioning are the Varier MOVE Stool and the CoreChair, both of which are NEAT Certified. These options are meticulously designed to be ergonomically sound and to support your body in the best way possible.
And that’s everything you need to know about active seating solutions! Make the change today to incorporate more movement and better posture into your day – your body will thank you.